Social Media for Contractors
“Really good. Mindflow Marketing has completely surpassed our expectations.”
As a contractor, you know that building strong relationships is key to the success of your business. But in today’s digital age, those relationships don’t just happen in person – they happen online.
That’s where social media comes in! If you haven’t already, it’s time to ditch those outdated marketing methods and embrace the power of social media.
We already know you want to reach more clients, build a loyal customer base, and book more jobs – social media can help you do just that!
If you’re still unsure, we guarantee the folks here at Optilocal will change your mind.
Don’t Lose Business to Competitors
Get Ready to Convert Visitors into Customers.
With over 20 years of experience, our SEO consultants wouldn’t just help you to dominate your competitors on search engines, but will also use our unique and proven SEO strategy to turn your website visitors into customers.
Why Contractors Should Care About Social Media Marketing
As a contracting business, you might be wondering if social media is worth your time and effort. Let us tell you, social media is more than just vacation pictures and funny videos. It’s an incredibly powerful tool that can help you build a web presence, boost local SEO, and engage with your audience in a meaningful way.
So, does it make sense to use social media marketing for the growth of your contractor business? The answer is simple: you don’t want to be the last one at the party while everyone else has moved on to the next big thing!
And even though you may not have a physical product to sell, social media can help you build brand awareness and establish credibility in the construction industry.
If that’s not enough to convince you why you should care about social media marketing for your business, here are a few sobering reasons:
- Sharing relevant and informative content allows you to demonstrate your expertise, thereby building trust with potential clients and boosting your brand’s credibility.
- Social media serves as an additional customer care channel. You can address customer inquiries and concerns in real time, showcasing your business’s commitment to excellent service.
- Social media advertising provides an affordable and targeted approach to reaching your target audience. Certain social media platforms enable you to connect with specific demographics and interests, reducing ad spend and maximizing your ROI.
Looking at all these reasons, it’s a no-brainer for contractors to hop on the social media bandwagon! Ready to take your construction company to the next level? Here’s how you can get started:
5 Tips for Building Social Media Buzz Around Your Business
While getting your social media marketing strategy off the ground takes plenty of work, time, and effort, it’s 100% achievable. Here are 5 top tips that construction businesses can use for social media success:
1. Set Goals for Social Media Marketing
To truly succeed in social media marketing, it’s crucial to set achievable and measurable goals. This requires a deep understanding of how each social media platform functions and how it can be used to your advantage.
For example, if your goal is to increase brand awareness, you need to keep track of metrics such as impressions, views, likes, and shares. On the other hand, if your focus is on driving traffic to your website or landing page, tracking clicks and click-through rate (CTR) will give you a better understanding of your social media marketing’s impact.
Remember, you need to tailor your approach for each unique goal you wish to achieve through your social media efforts.
2. Meet Your Audience on the Right Platforms
Social media is where the world is at – and that includes your potential customers! In case you didn’t know, more than half the population is now using social media for just about everything, including the search for a reputable business.
But which social media platforms would work best for your contractor business? Here are some great platforms to start out with:
- Facebook: The most widely used platform, Facebook is the best place to get the word out about your business. With a Facebook page, you can showcase projects and services and enhance brand awareness.
- Instagram: Instagram is another excellent platform for showcasing work, highlighting services, and building brand awareness. Although Instagram is not ideal for conversions, it’s great for engaging with your audience and growing your brand through visually-focused content.
- LinkedIn: Slightly different from other social media platforms, LinkedIn is great for construction companies looking to network and build a professional reputation.
We recommend starting with one social media platform – two at most – and focusing on growing your following there first. If you’re new to social media marketing, you don’t want to overcommit or spread yourself too thin!
3. Create a Content Calendar
The conundrum of what and when to post on social media – a challenge that plagues many businesses. But that’s where a content calendar comes in.
No more staring blankly at your computer screen, waiting for inspiration to strike. With a pre-planned content calendar, you can easily master social media marketing.
Some ideas your construction business can run with:
- Introduce yourself and your team members one at a time through thoughtful and engaging posts.
- Offer some easy DIY tips that will help your followers tackle small projects on their own.
- Give your followers a behind-the-scenes look at your business and the operations of your job site.
4. Post-Varying Forms of Content
It’s important to remember that social media isn’t just a digital dump of random content. The content you post to your social media accounts needs to accomplish three critical objectives: boost brand awareness, provide value to customers, and drive desired results.
While your content needs to be consistent and of high quality, it doesn’t mean it should all be the same. Instead of just sticking to one type of post, mix it up with varying content to keep your followers engaged and coming back for more. Here are a few content types you can try out:
- Short video content/Reels: Video content tends to get more engagement than static posts.
- Memes/GIFs: Memes and GIFs are a fun way to connect with your audience and inject some personality into your brand.
- Polls/Surveys: Great for getting feedback and engaging your audience.
5. Engage with Your Followers
You can’t have robust social media marketing without being social – it’s the name of the game after all!
So, once you’ve got your social media strategy up and running for your construction company, it’s time to participate. As most contractors aim to attract new clients and build relationships, engaging with your audience on your social media account is key.
If someone comments on your post, don’t be shy – respond! It shows your followers that you care about what they have to say. Plus, many social media users will contact you with questions through direct messages, so be sure to engage with them.
Mindflow Marketing is Your Trusted Digital Marketing Partner
The demand for social media marketing for contractors is high, so now is the time to get in on the action!
Elevate your social media game with our unbeatable digital advertising services! Don’t settle for a simple social media presence when our expert assistance can take your efforts to new heights.
At Mindflow Marketing, we understand that businesses like yours need strong visibility to attract new customers. That all begins with an ironed-out presence online.
But trying to manage all aspects of social media marketing on your own can be overwhelming. You’ve got projects to do after all! That’s why partnering with us is the smartest move you can make. We’ll help you develop a custom social media marketing strategy tailored to your goals and needs.
Mindflow Marketing will help get your construction company on the right social media sites and in front of the right people!
How can I keep my social media content varied and interesting?
You can do this by mixing up the types of content you post, such as images, stories, or videos. This also includes covering different things in each post. Some examples include project updates, industry news, helpful tips, and engaging with followers through Q&A sessions or polls.
How often should I post on social media?
You should aim to post at least twice a week to start, but how often you post can vary depending on the platform and audience. You should always maintain consistency and quality in your posting across all social media channels.
Table of Contents
Ready to Jumpstart Your Business?
Contact Mindflow Marketing today at (404) 737-2636 for a free consultation on how our web design services can transform your business.